10 febbraio 2012

The Shabbier, the Better!

A friend of mine asked me about the meaning of "shabby".
The translation into Italian is quite similar...
I replied: it's "sciatto", 
which is nothing good if you do not combine it with something very "chic"!
Yes, for me, shabby-chic is not a "simple style",  it's rather a mood, a way of living,
the way we conceive our own HOME, our intimate world.
Shabby-chic means giving old-fashion, vintage things a new life,
This is what I mean:












This is SHABBY CHIC,
chic, colourful, nice details which bring you back to the idea of cosiness, warmth,
in a word:
HOME

Un'amica mi ha chiesto l'esatto significato di "shabby"
e in Italiano il termine suona molto simile,
le ho detto: significa "sciatto", 
che ahimè, non vuol dire nulla di buono a conti fatti,
se non lo combini con qualcosa di molto "chic"!
Si, lo shabby-chic, per me, non è uno "stile semplice",
 piuttosto un modo di vivere, un atteggiamento,
è il modo in cui concepiamo l'idea di "CASA", in cui vediamo e viviamo il nostro mondo.
Shabby-chic significa ridare a oggtti di un tempo, un po' trascurati e malconci
una nuova vita,
fatta di un tocco di colore,
una nota chic, un dettaglio glam.

un abbraccio
Lisa


1 commento:

  1. Fascinating blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really
    make my blog shine. Please let me know where you
    got your design. Thanks

    My site; pole pruner saw

    RispondiElimina

I love reading your comments.. thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You may also like...